Visiting Palmdale Regional
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Palmdale Regional Medical Center, so specific visiting regulations have been established to help enhance the quality of care.
- General visiting hours are 10 am – 8 pm
ICU visiting hours:
- Two visitors are allowed from 8:30 am – 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm – 10 pm
- One visitor is allowed from 6:30 – 8:30 am, 6:30 – 8:30 pm and 10 pm – 6:30 am
- The Birth Place visiting hours are 24/7
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time in patient rooms with the exception of specific hours in the ICU where only one patient is allowed.
- Emergency Department – One visitor is allowed to accompany an adult patient, a pediatric patient or a disabled patient into the ED. This visitation policy is subject to change without notice.
Surgery and Outpatient Services – One visitor may accompany a patient who is:
- Having outpatient surgery or a procedure.
- Getting an outpatient test such as CT, MRI, lab test, etc.
- Arriving for an elective inpatient surgery. Visitors must stay in the surgery waiting room. No children are allowed.
- To protect the vulnerable, all staff and visitors must continue to wear masks while in patient care areas, patient rooms and treatment/exam rooms. Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital.
- COVID+ Visitation – In accordance with the current end-of-life, ADA and visitation policy guidelines, PRMC will continue to evaluate visitation on a case-by-case basis. This determination will be made by the Department Director, Administrative Supervisors, Director of Risk Management, and/or C-Suite.
Any personal information about a patient's diagnosis and treatment must come from the patient's physician. This information is only available to members of the immediate family who the patient has designated to receive it.
The Palm Café
For the convenience of your family and friends, meals are served seven days a week during the following times:
- Breakfast 7 – 10 a.m.
- Closed 10 – 11 a.m.
- Lunch and dinner 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hot entrees are available from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 5 – 7 p.m.
Vending machines for snacks, light meals and cold and hot beverages are available in the vending machines room adjacent to the Palm Café and in the area adjacent to the Emergency Department waiting area. An ATM is located in the front main lobby.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients, as some patients are on restricted diets. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with a nurse in the unit before taking any gift to a patient room.
The gift shop is located on the ground floor. Please call 661-382-5109 for hours of operation.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the ground floor in the main lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the emergency department and in surgical services.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center has Wi-Fi available with a password that changes daily. Ask a nurse for the password.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in our ample parking lot 24/7.
Chaplains are available at Palmdale Regional Medical Center on Tuesday and Thursday.
Volunteers are located in the main lobby and in the Surgery Center on the first floor at the Information Desk from 9.a.m. to 4 a.m. Volunteers are an excellent resource for patients, their family members and visitors.
Hotels in the Area
Many area hotels are available if you need overnight accommodations.